Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History in the making...and other stuff too!

Wow...what a Tuesday?? History has been made and I think it is amazing! I did not vote for Barack Obama, but I am very proud of the people in our country for making a record breaking election and stepping up to the plate and choosing someone for who they are and not their skin color. I am excited at the possible changes and look forward to new things! GO USA!! I did not even plan on voting, but my little Auntie and her bestest friend explained to me that I needed to choose something that is important to me and run with it. What great peeps they are!

So, the kiddos are AWESOME! They are just as bad as can be, but I couldn't ask for anymore...my little guy pushes his chair (b/c he can't walk yet on his own) up to the counter, climbs up on it and just stands there like, "Hey mom, whatcha doin?" Holy cow...who is this little guy? Oh yeah, he is DAN'S SON!!! Watch out Progress West (local favorite hospital)...HERE WE COME!! Little missy is quite a piece of work as well...tonight she chucked a pretty solid toy at D3's head (he didn't even flinch), but she didn't understand that she needed to apologize for it and why she was being yelled at. It took about an hour trying to get her to understand and bedtime without binkies, but she finally acted as though she understood (between the breath holding and hyperventilating) that she couldn't be mean to brother like this. WOW...what a night!!

We went to the Zoo on Saturday and it was great!! The kids seemed to enjoy it, but I think we stayed just a minute too long...the meltdown began just as we were finishing up our Build-a-Bears, but good thing, the Zoo was closing...it was time to go! It was not too crowded, it was gorgeous weather and the Penguins were out!! They splashed a lady and were being sooo cute!

Dan had a day off today and actually cut the grass, weed eated the trim and FINALLY put the sprinklers away! What a man....he read my "virtual" honey-do list!!

My Human Lifespan class is going AWESOME, so far I got an A on my first test and an A on my first paper! Keep your fingers crossed that these good grades keep comin in!!

This weekend we have another benefit event for Uncs on Saturday, going to try and stop by and do that...and then its on to GAME NIGHT at the Swiers! I swear, the older we get, the more exciting "boring" things become!! (Not that games are boring at all...they are actually the highlight of our weekends and free time)

No comments: